Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sporty with Flare


This is such a great casual-basic look that you can really spruce up with any of your favorite accessories (scarves, dangly earrings, colorful bangles over the shirtsleeve...possibilities are endless). Looking ahead toward fall, it's the perfect unfussy outfit for rainy days or sunny weather with more vibrant flare. The Jersey Pocket skirt and pink sweatshirt are from American Apparel, tights are Nine West.




I believe I bought these chunky brown lace-up boots from Express in 1997...Yeah, you heard me, '97! Back then, I was full-throttle into my grunge phase and I wore them with raggedy jeans and plaid flannel. I usually rock them with a little more girly approach now, they look great with skirts and dresses. If I wear them into this season I will probably need to get them re-soled, but isn't that incredible that I can still wear 'em and love 'em after 14 years!? I believe it's important to circulate your closet seasonally (out with the old, in with the new), but there will always be things you just can't let go of. It was like that with these.



And finally my favorite part of the outfit: a vintage necklace I got from Ginger Root Design. All you have to do to take this basic outfit to the next level is add a statement accessory. This necklace is a beautiful metal piece that commands attention. An exquisite touch to an insanely comfortable outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment