Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beautiful Beaded top from DC Goodwill!


Believe it or not this beauty of a top came from the DC Goodwill store (South Dokota Ave NE location). It's amazing what you can find at Goodwill! This top only cost me $5. I also found a pair of Lucky Brand jeans that I just featured in my guest blogger post for the DC Goodwill Fashionista blog. I love how the beading glistens in the sunlight. The way the shirt caresses the body along with the shine almost gives it the alluring effect of dripping water. It's very mermaidish, I love it!




Here, I am standing in front of a sculpture that I believe was featured in the Bloomingdale Art & Music Walk that took place August 6th. I was disappointed to have missed it, but I was out of town that weekend. Luckily, some of the artists leave their work on display for a while so that stragglers like me can get to see at least some of the great pieces that were showcased. This sculpture was larger than life and made me feel really small standing next to it. I wanted to run through it, play in it, lie in it and look up through it at the sky.





The skirt I am wearing is vintage suede, it's a fantastic piece for fall and winter. I got it at Treasury last year and it's been a staple piece in my wardrobe ever since. The shoes are Levity from DSW and the clutch is from a Rehobeth Beach boutique called Sole. I love pairing dark brown edgy pieces with a soft fluttery pink, like so. The skirt also looks charming with tights and booties for late fall ensembles.






I came home with a few other goodies from Goodwill, maybe you will see some more in future blog posts! Gonna have to make another trip back there soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! Thanks for sharing your Goodwill finds! -DCGF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful top! Such a great find! Loved your guest post for DCGF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I would love to do another guest post at some point! And yes, the beaded top was a great find, I think I will pair it with these black silk harem pants I have for a more comfortable/casual evening look, but the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete