Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011!



Here I am in costume as Daenerys Targaryen! My youngest sister Hannah made the costume from scratch, isn't it great!?

















I love the details! I used scraps of leather leftover from the belts for the riding gloves. For the necklace, I found the beads (from the ivory coast) at Beadazzled in Dupont, told my sis (Aimee) how to arrange them & she constructed it for me.



I soaked a tennis ball with fake blood to use for the horse's heart!



And here I am on our dining room table re-enacting the scene where she has to eat the horse's heart in front of the whole tribe to prove that her child is a boy, the Stallion who will mount the World!!! When I first watched that scene I almost vomited myself I thought it was so sick, but now after re-watching that episode about 4 times I kinda love that scene.



Which scary movies did you watch this season? I watched The Hills Have Eyes (well, at least the first half of it until I decided it was too horrifying for me and recoiled to my room to watch deleted scenes from Bridesmaids) and Teeth. Like I said, The Hills Have Eyes was sufficiently appallling & the hour of it that I watched succeeded in scaring the living shit out of me. So, if you like horror flicks like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre where there is an abundance of ugly and abhorrent maniacs terrorizing innocents who are trapped in the middle of nowhere with no escape, that one's for you! But there is only so much of that I can take & I think I like scary movies with a little more of a storyline or at least some respites from the graphic violence and terror scenes. Teeth, on the other hand, I found very disturbing & jarring at parts, but also wildly entertaining-it's about a young girl who discovers she has teeth in her vajay-jay! It's definitely a commentary on broader concepts beyond what is just going on on the screen and might even be allegorical. Beware, it is grotesque at parts but also humorous...I liked it!




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your costume looks great too! Great idea to use the heart scene! :-)

    ReplyDelete