Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Italian Wedding


Dress: BCBG Cardigan, necklace & ring: Forever 21 Shoes: second-hand from Current

Clutch: Express, Lipstick: Dior Ara Red


So a couple of weeks ago my cousin got married (Mom's sister's son) and it was a good old fashioned Italian wedding...my Mom's side of the family is largely Catholic so the wedding took place in a gorgeous high-ceiling church in Akron, Ohio where a lot of my extended family resides. I wore this bellissima BCBG dress with Forever 21 cardi + jewelry and was racked with compliments all night...



Both the necklace and ring totaled less than $10, but I think both pieces are great and look expensive.

I don't know if I have ever shared this, but I come from a rather large family...3 brothers and 3 sisters in my immediate family (7 kids total), with aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, grandparents, great aunts/uncles busting at the seams. I believe there were 250 guests invited to this wedding, so it was pretty big. My whole family loves to booze and most everyone gets pretty loud and obnoxious about an hour into the open bar. We always have a good time together though!

Here are the sisters (Aimee, Lauren & Hannah), also looking fierce...




These shots were all taken around my cousin's house where we were staying. We were lucky to have gotten a really nice day. More often than not Ohio weather is sh#*# but the sun was shining and the weather was just about as close to perfect as Akron gets.



Mom + Lauren

My mom is wearing an Anthropologie dress and J. Crew cardigan & necklaces - helped her pick out the jewelry to go with it. Doesn't she look so cute!?



This is my Aunt Debbie in the middle (Mother of the groom). I was oohing and aahing over her dress and told her "ooooh, Aunt Debbie-jade is so in this Fall!" and she was like "I know!" She looked beautiful though I really love that color and want me some for Fall/Winter!


This is cousin Teresa (Groom's sister & bridesmaid) + Aunt Betsy. Am I the only one who loves the way purple and red look next to each other?

The tables at the reception were labeled different cities in Italia - I was at Florence. There was also the whole big cookie area with tables and trays full of different cookies baked mostly by the wedding party & some close family/friends of the couple-an Italian wedding tradition I believe.


Bride + son, Colin = adorbs!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much...it's actually quite comfortable too! The shoes, not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know i'm late on this but you look gorge in these pics!!

    ReplyDelete