Thursday, September 29, 2011

Current Boutique



So I was happy as a clam to get a Current Boutique in Logan Circle this past summer. I had perused the one in Arlington before, but as I don't make it to Arlington for much shopping, I never got to take advantage of it much. It has quickly become one of my favorite places to drop some cash since opening up it's Logan Circle location. It's mostly upscale consignment with some new items toward the front of the store. It's a great place to get some great, inexpensive pieces for work and all sorts of occasions.





I tried to consign here at one point, but they didn't take any of my items because they were all too worn - the lady said they generally only buy stuff bought within the past two years and I'm pretty sure all the stuff in my bag was older than that. Also, the website notes items must be in "perfect condition," so it's probably a good idea to have items dry cleaned and on hangers going in for consignment.



I popped in to the store recently to hunt for a dress to wear for a September wedding. I tried on both these two numbers (both new items), but neither were quite right - I wore a pattern dress to the last wedding I went to and was kind of in the mood for a solid this time around.


I did find part of my wedding outfit here though; I scored these 2nd hand beauties for $16! They are very classic and I think I can wear them with many an outfit. They are the type of shoe that can be worn with occasion outfits or just with dresses and skirts out on Friday or Saturday nights. I was ecstatic that they fit and simply could not put them back on the rack after trying them on and seeing that price tag. They blended beautifully with the dress I ended up going with for the wedding, too. More on that to come! Happy Fall shopping everyone! Stop by Current if you're walking by-you are sure to find lots and lots!



No comments:

Post a Comment