Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Goth meets Punk meets Grunge-H&M developing Girl with Dragon Tattoo line


So I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo now and am completely enthralled with it. It's been on my reading list for a while, but ever since I heard that David Fincher was doing the movie with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara in the title roles and saw the haunting movie poster with Mara's controversial nipple, I couldn't wait to read it and eagerly await what looks to be an amazing movie. I am a huge fan of The Social Network (I think the the best movie of 2010, Oscars be damned) and cannot wait to see Fincher's film version of this story. I am tearing through the book-I love me a juicy crime novel and this is a great one. It has me on the edge of my seat, giving me goosebumps I am so excited to find out what happens I can barely contain myself!

Anyway, the costume designer from the movie, Trish Summerville (foreground in the ad below), has teamed up with H&M to create a 30-piece collection inspired by the punk/grunge/goth style of the bold and intriguing Lisbeth Salander. It seems a bit ridiculous, but not really if you consider the massive style influence this film is bound to have. The visuals in the preview look gorgeous, not to mention a beautiful cast of actors and all-around awesome costume & styling of all the characters.





I am certainly digging the pieces featured in this ad. Leather, lace-up boots, T-shirts, strategic rips and shreds, the general "fuck off vibe"...I can definitely get down with that. I have a feeling the movie may shuffle in a neo-goth/punk wave in fashion, which I am already completely on board with.


Collection hits stores on December 14, a week before the movie hits theatres Dec. 21. So get ready to dress to intimidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment