Sunday, September 25, 2011

Transitioning summer brights into Fall




Ok, so I know I have featured this dress a half dozen times (here is the best), but it just works in so many ways! This was before I had it altered, I am in the Ginger Root Design boutique on U Street. The dress is vintage, the ankle boots are Anthropologie, the belt is from Filene's Basement & the tights are chocolate brown Nine West from Filene's.

Brights are having a huge moment right now and don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon judging by the recent Spring '12 runway shows. You can do them in EVERY season, trust me.




I didn't do a jacket here but I think I will probably wear this fitted jean jacket with it shown here & maybe buy a lighter shade of brown tights. The dress is more fitted and shorter now so it will probably have to be a weekend getup. Keep the styling minimal and clean though - a neon color and a pattern=plenty going on without over-extending the other details.

Sometimes I wear shirts and sweaters over dresses to transform them into skirts for work days. How do you take your summer dresses into Fall??

No comments:

Post a Comment