Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NYFW: Oscar De La Renta Spring 2012

So I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to post more on New York Fashion Week, I was super busy all week and out of town into the weekend so I had zero time for blogging :( I was following a lot of it through different websites, our trusty Twitter and my ever-expanding blogroll though and was excited & drooling over pretty much everything I saw. Without further ado, here are my favorites from the Oscar De La Renta Spring 2012 64-look collection...























These first couple of looks were jaw-droppers. Lots of drama and fantasy in them, which I always love. The mustard/gold color in the first look is so bold and seductive. The skirts are all so big I feel like a girl could get lost in them. But the more fitted lace tops provide the perfect juxtaposition to the Cinderalla silhouettes of the skirts.























These white looks are very flattering & flirty. There is really nothing like the details in Oscar De La Renta clothing. I absolutely love the imperfect lines of the lace layers on the one above-helps to transfrom the dress from dainty to edgy. And I see exposed socks will still be relevant into Spring :)



The citrus hues were dominating a lot of the runway shows and Oscar does them impeccably here. The lemon ruffled one on top is perfection & looks comfortable to wear and the lime green crochet number is an unexpected & brilliant color/texture combination.

























This number is hot! I think I'm gonna have to be a diva in head-to-toe lime green next spring

























These fur shrugs and vests are TO-DIE-FOR
























Feminine & flirty silhouettes





Yummy I LOVE this orange/red color it demands attention. I am digging the monochrome dress/belt combinations too






















I really love this look even though the harem pants are a little over the top, I-Dream-of-Genie-esque. Whenever his collections get borderline old-fashioned, throwing something like this in the mix reinfuses that youthful spirit and energy.


























And now we enter the evening gown portion of the show....


Every Oscar De La Renta gown is a work of art. I sincerely hope the lucky bitches who get to wear Oscar gowns appreciate that priveledge and love the gowns the way they deserve to be loved. Oscar's gown's are transformative-any woman who puts one on would instantly feel like a queen or a princess or a movie star.


That said, let's talk about these dresses specifically. The ones above have exquisite detail and such splendid movement. The champagne colors are gorgeous and that fur shrug on the right-side look adds the perfect edge to an ethereal dress-very Kate Moss



This chocolate brown number is stunning. I'm not sure if I really love that choker with it-I think the dress has enough severity without the harsh accessory. Love the sheer quality of the bottom layers-shows just enough leg to suggest and invite.






















These were two of my favorites-again the champagne colors. Both so delicate and radiant. Both showcase/frame the body in such a flawless and moving way





The crochet sweater is amazing! The updated Cinderella silhouette is reminiscient of a ballgown, but looks almost futuristic-fascinating effect






















Citrus!





I think we're going to see some of these gowns on our fave celebs come award season, not to mention Rachel Zoe fighting for them when we get to the fashion week episode of her show this season.






















Avante-garde perfection. They look like the types of dresses worn in that movie "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore, which I think is supposed to be Renaissance-era - seems like that era might have been the inspiration here.






She looks like Cotton Candy!




This blue dress is ravishing-I could see it on someone like Keira Knightly at the Globes?



























Fairy tale princess dreamlike quality...magnificent.




Images from Elle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment