Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar 2010 Fashion Part 2

Charlize Theron in Christian Dior. Ok, this is just sort of love it or hate it. I loved it on her, but probably only her. The only issue I have with this is that it seems to be wrinkled below the knees and slightly in the thigh and waist area. Not that anybody would be looking at her knees. I LOVE to see her taking this kind of risk though because if anyone can get away with this, SHE CAN. And I think the rose petal breast details are interesting and in keeping with this year's bold, risky themes.













Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan and Vera Farmiga in Marchesa. These Berry shades were stunning on the carpet and onstage. Penelope can do no wrong and looks absolutely gorgeous, as always, but alas, she was not the star of this show. She's got the flyaway hair, too that worked better on her than on SJP.

The Vera Farmiga dress also wowed me, probably more so than Penelope's. It just fit her so well and had a whole life of it's own. I love dresses like that. I think one of the best of the night.Gabourey Sidibe in Marchesa. Marchesa really churned them out this year. I think this is just about as beautiful as this girl could look. And the dress is very pretty, in and of itself. The colors look great on her, as they would on anyone. Blue and silver always have the power to stun when put together and they do here. Her stylist and tailor deserve some major credit.

The one and only Jennifer Lopez in Armani Prive. This photo sort of kills the beautiful effect of the dress, but I did love it. The dress came through more pink and lavender on the show. It looks white here. But it was a statement only J LO could make. She's also got the tight, messy updo with flyaways in the front. I'm not sure if that hair style is some sort of attempt at Red Carpet grit, but I am digging it. She looked amazing in that dress and her ass is a statue itself, beautifully packaged in this frock.

Still more...

No comments:

Post a Comment