Saturday, June 4, 2011

Destination: Los Angeles


Let me just start by saying that downtown Los Angeles is an excellent place to spend a day and a half exploring.


I wish I could've stayed for longer and I fully intend to go back soon, but I fit a lot into the day I spent there. One awesome thing about LA is that they have huge wholesale stores full of the kind of stuff you can only find at boutiques around the DC area. This music shop above was about two blocks away from where I stayed and I loved walking by it the few times I did. Musical energy is just in the air in L.A. and it's a good feeling.





Pop art @ boutique gallery CB1







Pershing Square






Pershing Square is amazing from the outside looking in or the inside looking out!







This sculpture/mural was on the outside of a buidling...I think it's pretty cool.





The place below is from a recognizable scene in a recent movie...500 Days of Summer. The place was really beautiful and pleasant. Every bit as quaint and relaxing as it seems in the movie. It's kind of hidden, which is what makes it so great when you find it. I found it accidentally on the way back to my hostel from MOCA.




This trolley that travels up and down at a diagonal was what originally caught my eye and led me to the general area. I was trying to find the entrance to get on the trolley, but wandered into a tunnel which led me to this grassy benchy area. I immediately freaked out realizing what I had found.





You can't see much of my LA daytime outfit here. I barely got any chance to show it off since the weather was chilly, so I kept my jacket on most of the day. Also the dress is super tight, pretty short, and I wasn't staying in the best part of town if you catch my drift. The dress is oh-so-cute though, it's an Alternative shirtdress I snagged at Loehman's with two front pockets that sit at the thighs. The scarf is from Anthro and the jacket is also from Loehman's.








The architecture in LA is remarkable to look at in some parts.






There are so many interesting shapes that play into each other so fluidly.






I thought this tattoo parlor looked so inviting, all the ones I've ever seen have just looked sketchy. I thought this looked like a cute hair salon! If I lived around a tattoo parlor like this I might have more tattoos.

And of course I was able to fit in a rush shopping job after my sightseeing activities that left me exhausted and my bank account bone dry. I started here and couldn't leave without buying something:







I desperately wanted the graphic Tee with the skeleton and the mini mouse ears, but it was a litle pricey and I got more attached to the cardi. Isn't it so fierce?! It's the perfect combo of creepy and cute, I love it.








I seriously considered both this dress and the chain necklace (if it even qualifies as a necklace? It has loops around the arms that sit at the shoulders and doesn't clasp around the neck). The dress looks fantastic on and I fell in love with the chain piece, but both were pricey and I could really only afford one heavey ticket item. So I ended up settling on the shredded graphic cardigan that I could barely take off once I figured out how to put it on. I featured this hot tamale in my last post, but here's a refresher:



























Here are some other boutiques I dashed in and out of...






This is where I got my new fave shades seen in photos above (kapsoul).






L.A. was a trip I wanna go back.



2 comments: