Monday, December 5, 2011

South Moon Under/Refiner29DC styling competition outtakes

These are my 3 photo submissions to the South Moon Under/Refinery29 "Let's Holiday" styling contest (create a festive holiday party look with in-store SMU merchandise) for DC/VA/MD area style bloggers:


What do you all think?? If you like my look, please help me out and "like" my album on the South Moon Under facebook fan page...here is the link:


Vanessa South Moon Under Album

Or if that link isn't working for some reason, here is the link to the SMU fan page:

South Moon Under fan page

Go to their photos and my album is the one titled "Vanessa" Thanks so much for your support! The top 5 looks with the most "likes" will advance to the Finals where SMU stylists and Refinery29 editors will judge to choose the winners.


And now for the outtakes:


So my sis and I went into the Clarendon location at about 5:30pm last Sunday, which was almost closing time - they close at 6:00pm :\

So we literally only had a half an hour to do this. It was tight. This was the 1st outfit I tried on...sort of an experiment. This type of dress is hard to pull off. The shoes are really cool. I like the blueberry/raspberry combination of the dress/tights. Not the best one though.


Here is the 2nd look I tried on:




What do you all think of this one? It was a toss up between this one and the last one as the look to submit. I really love this dress and think it fit & flattered me really well.

LOVE the jeweled collar & the fact that it has hidden pockets. Looking at the picture above, my right hand is chillin' in the pocket of the dress. It's almost a little bit retro with the cut-Mad Men influence - Love it!!





This color works really well with the raspberry colored tights too. Looks like berries and cream! A bedazzled berries and cream





OK, there are more outtakes coming, we got a lot despite our time limitations. Don't forget to like my album on the SMU fan page, I could win!! Thank you, loves!




All items from South Moon Under in-store Holiday, 2011

2 comments:

  1. I love the peter pan collar of the dress and the colored tights :) :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peter pan collar dress is so cute and the shoes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete