Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lavender Lust



Shirt: Wasteland, Harem Pants: UO, Wedge Sandals: Target, Metallic Clutch: Georgetown boutique


I am in love with the pale lavender color of this shirt and its combination of textures. Ever since Mila Kunis's Oscar dress, I've been scouring racks for springtime lavender numbers and this shirt fit the bill. The front of it is sequined and the back is sheer. I have worn it with a delicate tank underneath or just a black (or some other obvious color) bra for a sexier nighttime look. I love the length of it...short enough to get the crop top look, but long enough to cover all the necessary stomach flab, although it does necessitate a high cut in the pants. A looser pant or skirt works best.

Aimee is wearing it here with a simple UO Harem pant, which can be dressed up or down. They're a great multifunctional pair of pants to own since you can wear them comfortably around the house or pair them with a fancier top and take them out for evening or night affairs.




And the Target wedges I'm sure will be a staple of my Spring-Summer wardrobe at the friendly price of $24.99...can't get much better than that!



They've got a pretty comfortable size platform on them. I like to get some good height without feeling like I'm gonna fall over and these puppies acommodate those specs quite nicely.





And here is a great shot of the neon statue again, looking almost like a roller coaster against that clear blue sky. You can also see a hint of the sheer back of the shirt from this angle.








The purse was a gift from a friend, but I'm pretty sure I spotted it at one of the Georgetown boutiques (can't quite recall which one). It's actually been a great staple piece over the years. It's metallic purple with bright gold detail, but somehow works with almost any nighttime ensemble. You can put it with a plethora of different outfits for a little bit of pop and party time fun.



The shadows, transparency and reflections that surround this building are really captivating. I hope DC commissions more modern architecture like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment