Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rags to Riches

I believe this store used to be located over in H Street NE, but it just moved into the second floor space at 1734 14th Street, NW. The soft open was last week and the grand opening was Saturday (5/8), so they should be open for good now. They have some cute stuff at pretty reasonable prices. Although most of it is not vintage, so it seems like kind of a false label for the store.


Those brown walls in there are icky. Sooo unappetizing for a boutique. But I will definitely go back here. The merchandise was frugalista friendly, interesting, and unique. I found a number of things I considered purchasing.

The sister browsing the shelves.


This is the dressing room I kinda like the design.

This is the Imaginary Voyage shirt I got there for $25. Definitely a little play on the dressed up tie-die trend we're seeing these days, but with a splatter paint feel. I love it! Shirts like this are amazing because they can be worn daytime casual or transition into evening. Anything versatile is always a good investment.

Rags to Riches
Vintage Clothing
1734 14th Street NW
Second Floor
Washington, DC 20009


2 comments:

  1. funny, i stumbled in here a few days after it opened. agreed it didn't seem really vintagey (despite the huge sign touting it so outside) and more consignment. i thought the selection seemed quite low, but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I don't have a problem with the store not being vintage, but the false label kind of bothers me. The selection was a little light but seems like it could improve

    ReplyDelete